What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a Traditional Chinese Medicine, that involves insertion of needles into the certain acupuncture points of the skin. It doesn’t apply any drug but the believe is that stimulating certain points of the body can rectify the imbalances. Acupuncture is a complementary health approach that emphasizes on natural healing, improving mood and enhancing energy, diminishing pain and increasing bodily functions. Acupuncture needles are stainless steel, flexible and sharp at the tip. Their design is different from the hypodermic needles that cut through tissues but they move smoothly through tissues and are unlikely to cause bleeding.
Does it hurt to do acupuncture?
While everyone has a different experience with acupuncture but most agree that they have felt no pain or a minimal pinching feeling. Some have experienced mild pain or warmth around the acupuncture point.
How many sessions will I need?
While most of the people who have experienced acupuncture have seen a significant improvement in their conditions after only one or two sessions, some may need up to five or six sessions. However, if no improvement occurs after the sixth session, further medical investigation will be required. Some patients may go back for one or two sessions of acupuncture every once in a while to maintain the balance throughout the year.
Who can benefit from acupuncture?
People who are experiencing the following conditions may benefit from acupuncture:
- Chronic pain (Sciatica, low back pain, migraines, etc)
- Anxiety ( Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, panic attacks, etc)
- Smoking cessation
- Abdominal bloating
- Menstrual problems
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Colds and flues
Who pays for my sessions?
The acupuncture services at Acuwell Alternative Health Centre are not covered by provincial health care program. However, our acupuncturists are Registered with CTCMA, and provide receipts that are reimbursable by extended health programs at most companies and/or private insurances.
Our skilled acupuncturists can heal, energize, eliminate pain, and make you a very healthy and happy person. It is commonly used as a complimentary therapy, in conjunction to psychotherapy, medication, or even surgery.
According to every study that has been conducted, where traditional medicine fails, acupuncture succeeds. Our acupuncturist can be with the following problems:
- General conditions: Fatigue, Weakness, Headache, Insomnia, Memory loss
- Psychological disorders: Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Burnout, PTSD
- Circulatory system: Numbness, Cold extremities, Hypo- or Hypertension, Palpitations
- Pregnancy care: Nausea/vomiting, Pain, Birth preparation, Infertility
- Digestive system: Diarrhea, Constipation, Slow digestion, Nausea, Bloating, Stomach problems
- Muscular and skeletal system: Muscular pain and tension, Back pain, Sports injury
- Endocrine system: Menopausal symptoms, PMS, Hypoglycemia, Thyroid disorders
- Auditory system: Otitis, Tinnitus, Vertigo and dizziness, Labyrinthitis...
- Respiratory system: Asthma, Sinusitis, Bronchitis, Cold and flu, Cough, Shortness of breath
- Visual system: Dry eyes, Tearing, Glaucoma, Start of cataracts, Decreased vision...
- Urinary system: Frequent urination, Night urination, Burning, Recurrent infections, Incontinence
- Reproductive System: Libido, Fertility, Impotence, Premature ejaculation, Painful menstruation
To book an appointment, please call 250-264-2322 or book on-line .